Frequently Asked Questions
Question Answer
How do marketers transport on UGI's system?
  1. Customers must have an executed transportation agreement with UGI.
  2. A completed Agency Authorization Notification form designating marketer as agent for the customer.
  3. A Metretek remote read unit may be required before a marketer delivers gas for the customer.
  4. The customer is responsible for a phone line and power to the metretek remote unit.
Agency Authorization Notification form Templates:
PDF Version Word Version

-see Tariff
-see Nomination Procedures
When are Nominations due? See Nomination Schedule.
Can UGI provide daily customer usages? Yes; you must subscribe to the Information Service by sending a letter of request.

-see Tariff for details
What are the procedures for forming a customer pool? 1. Markter sends a Pool Formation Letter to UGI with a list of customers participating in pool.
2. Customer sends Agency Authorization Notification form to UGI that indicates they will be joining pool.

Pool Formation Letter Templates:
pdf PDF Version    doc Word Version
Agency Authorization Notification form Templates:
pdf PDF Version    doc Word Version

-see Tariff
-see Nomination Procedures
Can a customer request meter read dates be changed? No.
How does UGI require marketers to balance deliveries with usage? UGI may require daily and/or monthly balancing depending on rate; optional balancing services are available per Tariff.
Does UGI offer marketers the option to transfer customer imbalances? Yes; the fee is $0.25/Mcf; this is considered a supply transfer, and is not to be confused with a pool reallocation.
What is the current BTU value and Line Loss amount of the natural gas on UGI's system? Fuel line loss varies by rate. Fuel Line Loss & BTU Factor values change December 1st of each year and are announced via an Operational Notice in early November. Review the Operational Notices for the latest values or go to the BTU Factor & Line Loss page.
Do you have a list of active Pennsylvania Licensed Gas Suppliers? Yes, the PA PUC maintains a list of active licensed suppliers on their Website.
Do you have any other pooling options? Yes. Refer to the Rate DS Balancing Pool Document.